- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Tired of “food”, fed-up with sandwiches, and want something light & easy? Ready in minutes and packed full of nutrition, this Spinach Chick Pea Soup may be just the thing – go on, give it a try.
Make it a meal with whole wheat crackers, toasted whole wheat or oat bran pita, or a grilled cheese sandwich – fat-reduced cheese of course.
- 3 cups chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cooked chick peas (or any cooked peas)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp olive or canola oil (or oil spray)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- Red pepper flakes or black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
12 g Protein
5 g Fibre
- 1. Sauté onion and celery with oil until tender
- 2. Add all other ingredients: simmer 3-5 minutes
- 3. Place in blender and blend until smooth.